Congratulations to the NTFAA 2013 Summer Scholarship Recipients!
- DANCE: Arden Lapin, Sean Phelan, Jennifer Prohov and Lily Sabol.
- MUSIC: Sera Lee, Sean O'Reilly, Kelly Talim and Liah Watt.
- SPEECH and THEATRE: Morgan Hoover, Talia Levy, Josh Philoon and Matthew Piekos.
- VISUAL ARTS: Claire Hogan, Paul Kokes, Robyn Mech and Nicholas Sander.
Congratulations to the winner of the NTFAA 2013 Graduation Raffle, Susan Tempest (NTFAA's esteemed Treasurer)! Susan's name was picked out of a box by Anne James-Noonan, the New Trier Fine Arts Coordinator, on Wed. May 15, at the Spring Music Festival. Our raffle winner won 6 premium seats, along with reserved parking, to the graduation year of her choosing. Susan and her family will be sitting pretty at the graduation ceremony this year on Sunday, June 2. Thanks to all who bought tickets and participated in this successful fundraising event. Better luck next year!
Yard Signs for Sale Here! Do you have a jazz aficionado in your home? A theatre techie? A bold debater? A dancer-menz or gals? For just $35, you can let your neighborhood know of your student's love of and participation in the Arts at New Trier. You can purchase a yard sign online by clicking here or you can click here to print the order form. Also, please be advised that delivery of your yard sign might be delayed due to the provider’s mimimum order requirement. If you have questions, please email Mary Duffy. Go New Trier Fine Arts!
What’s Happening this Month in the Arts at New Trier?
The end of the 2012-2013 school year is upon us! Don't let the month of May pass without enjoying some NT student creativity, including the last New Trier performances of our seniors. The offerings below start at 7:30 PM, unless otherwise noted.
- Thursday, the 2nd @ McGee: Dionysus Day, Periods 1-9
@ Gaffney: Dance Theatre New Trier
- Friday, the 3rd @ Gaffney: Dance Theatre New Trier
- Wednesday and Thursday, the 8th and 9th @ McGee: Commedia!
- Friday, the 10th @ McGee, Commedia! @ 4:30PM
- Wednesday, the 15th @ Gaffney, Spring Music Festival
- Thursday & Friday, the 16th & 17th, @ McGee, Spring Plays Festival, 4:30PM & 7:30PM
- Saturday, the 18th @ McGee, Spring Plays Festival, 1:30PM, 4:30PM & 7:30PM
- Monday, the 20th @ Winnetka's Baumann Student Center, 34th Annual AP Art Festival Opening Reception, 7-9PM; the Art Festival continues through the next day, May 21st, Periods 1-9, in the Baumann Center
- Tuesday, the 21st @ Cornog, Vocal Jazz Concert
- Thursday, the 23rd @ Gaffney, Choir-Opera Spring Revue
- Friday, the 31st @ McGee, the Commencement Concert
- Wednesday, June 5 @ McGee, Theatre Dessert
SUPPORT NTFAA’s ANGEL FUND—SIGN UP FOR eSCRIP!
Looking for an easy way to contribute to the Fine Arts programs at New Trier? Check out eScrip! NTFAA and Dominick's Grocery Stores would like you to join in the largest electronic fundraising program around, eScrip. Each time you shop at a Dominick's store and use your registered and free Fresh Values grocery loyalty card, Dominick's will contribute a certain percentage of the purchase price of eligible items to NTFAA. And NTFAA has earmarked this money for our Angel Fund. NTFAA's Angel Fund helps defray the cost of participation in the arts for NT students eligible for assistance under State of Illinois guidelines, and those monies are distributed by NT's business office. You don't need to do anything but register your card with eScrip! Go to http://www.escrip.com/ to get that done. You will need the New Trier Fine Arts Association group ID, which is 6542477. If you would prefer, you can print out an eScrip sign-up form here, and then mail it to the address provided. In any event, don't delay. Sign up today.